Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here.
Practicing on medicine’s leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts.
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits
Primary Job Duties:
- Reviews, interprets and clarifies physician orders for overdoses, incompatibilities, and duplicate medications.
- Weighs, measures, and prepares medication products utilizing appropriate tools and equipment.
- Issues Schedule II medications and maintains appropriate records.
- Maintains appropriate Quality Assurance records.
- Supervises technician and student activities.
- Provides drug information to nurses, physicians and patients.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Performs pharmacy technician duties as assigned