Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and maintenance of records. Pharmacy technicians work only under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
This is a PRN position.
- Procures and distributes drug orders per physician request, pharmacist request and prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures and protocols, and within specified time frame.
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Contributes to the effective operation of the department.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of the department.
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One-year pharmacy technician experience preferred, but not required